This webinar took place May 25, 2017
With thousands of mobile diet apps available and utilized by the public, dietetics professionals and other health providers need effective, evidence-based strategies for incorporating apps into practice. This session will provide best practices for evaluating and implementing apps in patient counseling sessions based on the latest research in health apps.
Patient and provider perceptions of apps will be discussed, along with research-related outcomes of app interventions on changes in patients' nutrition knowledge, behaviors, weight and biochemical markers. Issues regarding HIPPA-compliance and FDA regulation in apps will be covered.
- Utilize behavior change strategies incorporated into mobile apps to support dietetics practice.
- Evaluate apps for use in dietary counseling.
- Explore current developments and future directions of apps in dietetics research and practice settings.
- Kristen DiFilippo, MS, RDN
- Justin Karduck, MS, RDN, CDE
Please note: Webinar recording and information will be sent via a Hightail account in 48-72 business hours.