This module presentation will cover the basics of food allergy, from what it is and isn't, to recognizing reactions and how to avoid them. The presentation will also include the latest in prevalence and current research in the field.
CPE Level: 2
The CPE associated with this activity is valid until September 2nd, 2023.
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
- 8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- 8.3.7 Integrates new knowledge and skills into practice.Learning Objectives
- Explain what a food allergy is and prevalence in children and adults
- Discuss how registered dietitian nutritionists can support patients with food allergies
- Identify what a reaction looks like and how it’s managed
- Learn about prevention strategies and emerging treatments
Ruchi Gupta, MD, MPH
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Northwestern University; Mary Ann & J Milburn Smith Senior Scientist in Child Health Research; Clinical Attending, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago; and Director, Science and Outcomes of Allergy and Asthma Research (SOAAR) Program.
Please note: Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact email@example.com. Thank you.