This webinar was first presented live on July 17, 2018.
Diabetes prevention programs delivered in the community and in health care settings fit into the weight loss and diabetes continuum of care and have the potential to connect consumers with other services provided by Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Participants will gain an understanding of the big-picture return on investment of having a CDC recognized program that is a Medicare Supplier, eligible for payments form private payers and Medicare.
Learn from an RDN who is a lifestyle coach mentoring more than a dozen diabetes prevention programs, and another RDN who leveraged a successful pilot into a program that is now offered with a Patient Centered Medical Home that is also a participating practice in the Comprehensive Primary Care Plus Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation Model.
CPE Level: 2
- 12.2 Assesses the need to develop and implement community or population health programs and/or intervention.
- 12.4 Implements community-based and population-based programs and/or interventions in collaboration with stakeholders.
- 12.1 Advocates for health and disease prevention in the community and population.
- Identify ways Academy members can "fit" with Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program Services
- Estimate the potential return on investment of MDPP services on your work
- Gain practice tips to integrate or implement MDPP services
Ann Constance, MA, RDN, CDE, FAADE
Charlene Dorcey, MS, RDN, CDE, LMNT
Please note: Immediately following the purchase, you will receive an access email for the webinar recording and CPE certificate via the Academy's Hightail account. Please download all attachments included in the Hightail email to your personal device.