This webinar will discuss registered dietitian nutritionists’ (RDNs) practices, perceptions, knowledge, barriers, and responsibilities with utilizing the Academy/ASPEN pediatric indicators recommended for the identification and documentation of pediatric malnutrition, along with performing nutrition focused physical exam (NFPE). The webinar will introduce the systematic approach of NFPE and explore the methods used to teach the RDN to identify subcutaneous fat loss, muscle wasting, micronutrient deficiencies, fluid accumulation, and functional status to identify malnutrition.
- Apply the Academy/ASPEN Indicators for Pediatric Malnutrition as defined by the 2014 Consensus Statement
- Identify the components of a Nutrition Focused Physical Exam (NFPE) (muscle wasting, fat loss, nutrition related fluid accumulation, and functional status)
- Recognize clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies
- Identify and problem-solve barriers to performing NFPE
- Demonstrate NFPE
- Beth A Mordarski, RDN, LD
- Carly D.G. Leon, MS, RD, CD, CNSC
Please note: Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.