The 2020 Dietary Guidelines will be evaluating how diet impacts neurocognitive health through all life stages, including birth to 24-months, therefore, this is an important area for health professionals to address. This session will discuss the role of nutrition in neurocognitive development and explain recent research bringing new understanding of the impact of key nutrients for fetal and infant development, as well as review the latest research important for cognition throughout the lifespan.
In addition, the session will explore results of two recent proprietary surveys that examined the knowledge of expected mothers and medical practitioners about nutrients important for cognitive development. The survey results will make evident the need to educate both groups on the nutrients critical for pregnancy, early childhood and older individuals.
Learning Need Codes: 4150, 4120, 2090, 4130
The CPE associated with this activity is valid until January 23, 2023.
- 2.1.8 Delivers accurate and credible messaging.
- 8.1.4 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout the life span and their role in health promotion and disease management.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- 9.4.5 Implements an individualized teaching plan in order to promote, maintain and enhance nutritional health and learning.
- Identify nutrients that are important for neurocognitive health throughout different life stages.
- Describe the latest and emerging research on the benefits of nutrients required for brain health.
- Describe gaps in knowledge with healthcare providers and/or new and expecting moms on the critical nutrients needed throughout the lifespan.
Please note: Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.