Date: February 22
Time: noon - 1 p.m. (Central time)
Long term care facilities have faced an unprecedented battle against illness and mortality during the COVID-19 pandemic. Infection control measures have vastly altered the environment in many of these settings, impacting residents, workers, and loved ones. Join Dr. Swati Gaur and Marilyn Jackson, RDN, CSG, LD to examine the response to the COVID-19 pandemic in long term care settings, the challenges faced, and the innovations that have impacted the delivery of nutrition care.
This free webinar is available to members and nonmembers through the generosity of an educational grant from Nutricia North America through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Our Foundation needs your help now more than ever — please donate today.
CPE Level: 2
- 7.2.7 Identifies and implements risk management and environmental safety principles to enhance public safety and reduce risk to self, staff, customers, public and organization.
- 4.2.8 Identifies and implements a plan to address the problem, issue or challenge.
- 8.2.1 Assesses the physical, social and cultural needs of the individual, group, community or population.
- Explain the impact of COVID-19 and infection control practices on residents in long term care facilities.
- Describe the infection control interventions during meal preparation and handling.
- Illustrate the enhanced effectiveness of interdisciplinary interventions to overcome challenges posed by COVID-19 in long term care.
Swati Gaur MD, MBA, CMD, AGSF
Swati Gaur MD, MBA, CMD, AGSF is board certified in internal medicine, geriatrics and hospice and palliative medicine. She is the medical director at long-term care facilities at Northeast Georgia Health System. Dr. Gaur serves on multiple committees including chair of the Infection Advisory Committee with the Society of Post-acute Long-term Care, formerly AMDA; member of the Georgia Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee, member of the Innovation Platform Advisory Council,and member of the Health Systems Innovation Economics and Technology Committee with the American Geriatrics Society. Dr. Gaur has several publications on COVID-19.
Mari-Lynn Jackson RDN, CSG, LD
Mari-Lynn Jackson RDN, CSG, LD has been a LTC Dietitian for Northeast Georgia Health System for 16 years. She is the consulting dietitian for Lanier Village, an Acts Retirement Life Communities in Gainesville, Ga.