Student Price: $15.00
As registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) providing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES), it is crucial to have a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between drug therapies, meal patterns, and lifestyle for those living with diabetes. This series of two webinars provides healthcare professionals with a thorough review of oral diabetes medications in the first session, and injectable and inhalable diabetes medications in the second session. You will learn about the latest drug therapies targeting pathophysiological defects related to diabetes and their effects on blood glucose levels. Moreover, you will gain insights into how to help your patients develop effective meal patterns and lifestyle strategies to manage their diabetes. Enhance your knowledge and skills in this critical area and improve your patient care outcomes. Don't miss this opportunity to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in diabetes management.
The CPE associated with these webinars expires on May 31, 2024.
CPE Level: 2
- 10.4.5 Implements, initiates, or modifies nutrition-related pharmacotherapy orders that address client/patient needs.
- 10.4.6 Monitors responses and effects of nutrition-related drugs and takes required action to make modifications or adjustments to treatment plans.
- 10.4.2 Demonstrates an understanding of pharmacokinetics, absorption, clearance, metabolism, latency periods, accumulation, half-life, and routes of drug administration.
- Describe the basic defects for each type of diabetes.
- Identify the major diabetes drug classes and discuss their mode of action.
- Recognize potential side effects and interactions of the major diabetes drug classes.
Kathy Warwick RDN, LDN, CDCES
Kathy Warwick is a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified diabetes care and education specialist with 40 years of experience in several areas of dietetics practice. She is owner of Professional Nutrition Consultants, LLC in Madison, Miss., providing diabetes education and support, long term care consultation, hospice consultation, wellness program services, media communications and medical-legal consultation.
Kathy speaks regularly to community and professional groups and has presented multiple national webinars. She has authored several articles and serves as a medical reviewer for Heatlhline.com and Medical News Today. Kathy has served as the editor of On the Cutting Edge, for the Diabetes Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She is a Past-President of the Mississippi Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.