This product is free for CV-Well members.
CV Well's Fall 2022 Newsletter has two articles for CPE credit, each worth .5 CPE for a total of 1.0 credit.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.5, 8.2.3
- Describe the impact of today’s societal body image and nutritionally sensationalized messages on midlife women and their overall health.
- Describe the stages of menopause and differentiate the effect of changing hormones, aging, lifestyle, and dieting on a woman’s physical and emotional well-being.
- Summarize evidence-based nutrition and activity recommendations for perimenopausal and postmenopausal women.
Dietary Nitrates to Optimize Cardiovascular Health
This research article summarizes the scientific evidence on the role of Dietary Nitrates in Cardiovascular Health.
- Describe the connection between dietary nitrate and the enterosalivary pathway for blood pressure regulation.
- Explain the primary vascular benefits of dietary nitrate interventions and potential modifying factors.
- Educate clients/patients on the benefits of dietary nitrates for blood pressure regulation and general cardiovascular health.
Management of CV Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in Adults: 2022 Key Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
This practice article summarizes the AHA Position Paper on Management of CV Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in Adults: 2022 Key Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Summarize the latest evidence regarding the management of cardiovascular disease risk factors among adults with type 2 diabetes
- Review the effectiveness of medical nutrition therapy in the management of cardiovascular disease risk factors among adults with type 2 diabetes