This product is free for CV-Well members.
CV Well's Winter 2023 Newsletter has two articles for CPE credit, each worth .5 CPE for a total of 1.0 credit.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.5, 8.2.3
Dietary Guideline Recommendation for Flavan-3-ols and Cardiometabolic Health
This research article summarizes the recent dietary guideline recommendations for flavan-3-ols for cardiometabolic health.
- Define dietary bioactive food compounds and describe the process of developing dietary recommendations for these nonessential nutrients
- Identify flavan-3-ols and examine their role in cardiometabolic health
- Translate the guideline for flavan-3-ols and cardiometabolic health into practice
Using Neck Circumference in Determining Body Fat Percentage
This practice article summarizes the use of neck circumference in determining body fat percentage.
- Describe the limitations of different anthropometric measurements in assessing body fat
- Explain the role and practical application of neck circumference as a measure of body fat