This product is free for COGA members.
This webinar was presented live on May 27, 2020.
This webinar will discuss the nutrition professional role and benefit of embracing change and diversity and becoming leaders that engage others in creating an inclusive community environment.
CPE Level: 1
Learning Need Codes: 1040, 1070, 6070, 7200
- 2.1 Communication – Utilizes appropriate communication methods and skills to meet the needs of various audiences
- 2.2 Communication – Collaborates with others to achieve common goals and to optimize delivery of services
- 2.3 Communication – Employees strategies and facilitates team building skills
- Attendees will become transformative agents of change.
- Attendees will expand their network as dietetics professionals.
- Attendees will support other dietetics professionals in being responsible gatekeepers.
Diversity Recruitment Officer for the Boston Police Department
Michael Gaskins is the Diversity Recruitment Officer for the Boston Police Department and brings a wealth of experience in career professional development, recruiting and community outreach. He is the first person in the department's 100-plus year history to hold the position, overseeing the recruitment efforts with a focus on creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment that reflects the culture, people and perspectives of the Boston community.
Prior to joining the BPD Michael worked as the Assistant Director of Career Services at the University of Massachusetts Boston where he managed and trained career specialists and oversaw the operations of the employer job fairs, internships, and professional development programming.
Michael presented on the topic of diversity and being a transformative agent to COGA members during FNCE® 2019 in Philadelphia and has facilitated workshops for dietetic interns on Diversity and Inclusion in Health & Nutrition.