This webinar took place November 12, 2019.
In this 60 minute webinar, Hope Warshaw and Kirstie Canene-Adams will discuss Allulose, its benefits, and the science that supports the safety and efficacy of the sweetening ingredient, and provide tools to assist diabetes educators. The webinar will cover three key areas:
- Overview of Allulose and its benefits (clinical, nutrition and safety studies)
- Labeling and understanding the Nutrition Facts Panel
- Provide tools to help counsel patients to integrate Allulose as part of their diabetes meal plan
- Provide an overview of allulose, including its chemical structure, safety/regulatory status, and clinical trial data on its tolerance and benefits.
- Describe the food and beverage application benefits with allulose, explain how it is labeled on the Nutrition Facts Panel and provide examples of current products using allulose.
- Translate clinical data and application information on allulose and apply it in practice when counseling patients/clients; Counsel patients on the use and integration of allulose as part of a diabetes meal plan or plan for weight loss/weight management.
Hope S. Warshaw, MMSC, RD, CDE, BC-ADM
Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
Kirstie Canene-Adams, PhD
Senior Scientist in Global Nutrition
Tate & Lyle
Sponsored by Tate and Lyle