This product is free for DDPG members.
With clients cooking and preparing food more often at home as a result of the pandemic, this unique culinary demonstration on-demand module, provided by Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®, will offer attendees a refreshing addition to diabetes counseling, complete with simple strategies to create delicious, low-stress meals. Join nationally recognized registered dietitian nutritionist, Erin Palinski-Wade, RD, CDE, LDN, CPT, as she reviews recent research along with information on nutritious ingredients known for their potential role in diabetes management, including fresh avocados and many more!
The CPE associated with this activity is valid until October 22nd, 2023.
- 2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 6.2.5 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers.
- 8.4.1 Plans and designs nutritionally sound meals, menus and meal plans that meet customer needs and demand and that promote health and disease management.
- Offer specific evidence-based takeaways, demonstrating the potential role of avocados in diabetes management.
- Identify specific foods and nutrients that may support diabetes prevention/management.
- Provide new recipes and preparation techniques that can help clients in preparing meals/snacks that support diabetes prevention/management.
Erin Palinski-Wade, RD, CDE, LDN, CPT
Erin Palinski-Wade, RD, CDE, LDN, CPT is a nationally recognized nutrition, diabetes and fitness expert, and the founder and owner of Vernon Nutrition Center, LLC, a nutrition counseling group focused in the areas of weight management, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, gut health, sports nutrition, and general wellness. She has contributed her expertise to media outlets such as The Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors, The Early Show, Fox News, Food Network, and MSNBC. She frequently serves as a media spokesperson, nutrition consultant, and speaker.
Erin is the author of multiple publications including the 2 Day Diabetes Diet, Belly Fat Diet For Dummies, and Walking Off The Weight For Dummies. She is also a regular contributor to publications including Diabetes Forecast, Diabetes Self-Management Magazine, and EverydayHealth.com.