This webinar was hosted live on June 7 - 9, 2019.
DNS and PNPG hosted the first ever live Joint Symposium in June 2019. Access the top-notch presentations from this event. Here are the educational sessions offered during the event:
- 2017 Guidelines for Nutrition Support in Pediatric Critical Illness – Rationale and Practical Applications
- The ABC’s of Managing Electrolytes: An Interactive Approach
- Adverse Reactions to Foods: From Allergies to Intolerance
- Best Practices for Preparation of Human Milk and Formula in Health Care Facilities
- Bridging the Gap from Pediatric to Adult Healthcare and Nutritional Care of the Adolescent
- Changing the Conversation: Transitioning from Pediatric Weight Management to Eating Disorder Prevention
- Dysphagia, Thickeners and Devices
- Energy Balance Across the Ages - Using Indirect Calorimetry to Target Nutrition Interventions in Adults and Children
- Feeding Approaches in the First Year
- Food in a Tube - Blended Choices for Adult and Pediatric Enteral Nutrition Consumers
- Handgrip Strength Examination for Adult and Pediatric Nutrition Practice
- Holistic Integrative Nutrition
- How to Manage Shortages in Parenteral Nutrition
- ICU Acquired Weakness and the Role of Protein
- Identifying Micronutrient Deficiencies through Nutrition-Focused Physical Examination
- Implementing an Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Pathway
- Interpretation of Radiology: Abdominal Films
- Lactoengineering Human Milk
- Malnutrition Etiology Assessment: Strengthening Your Diagnostic Skills
- Malnutrition Success Stories -Adult and Pediatrics
- The Microbiome and Critical Illness
- Mixed Oil Lipid Emulsions in the NICU and Short Gut Populations
- Muscle, Fat and Fluid Assessment in the ICU patient: Does It Change Based on Age or Size?
- The Newest CDR Certification: Certified Specialist in Pediatric Critical Care (CSPCC)
- Nutrition at the End of Life: Not So Black and White
- Parenteral Nutrition Indications: When and How?
- Pediatric Nutrition Screening: A Review of the Evidence
- Practical Aspects of Micronutrient Assessment and Replacement
- Tying It All Together: Case Study Application
The recordings capture the audio from the presentations and include the PowerPoint presentations. Recordings including plenary sessions, breakout sessions and skills workshops.
Learn More about DNS and PNPG Membership
Dietitians in Nutrition Support is a dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. DNS members, more than 3300 strong, are health care practitioners integrating the science of enteral and parenteral nutrition support to individuals in inpatient and outpatient settings. Membership offers an excellent opportunity to network with colleagues – including several networking groups including critical care, organ transplantation, home care, GI, pediatrics and research.
The Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group is a dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. PNPG is an active group of more than 3,000 practitioners who provide nutrition services for the pediatric population in a wide variety of settings. Members include registered dietitians nutritionist, dietetic technicians, registered, and other Academy members who recognize the vital role of good nutrition in the growth and development of infants, children and adolescents. PNPG activities focus on education, research, networking, and service.