This product is free for PHCN members.
This webinar was presented live on August 14, 2018.
In response to public health emergencies, dietitians face many unique challenges to ensure patients receive adequate nutrition support. Dietitians must assess the food service operations system and coordinate food service planning and nutritional case management with the primary health care providers. Often situations are dire and few options exist for multiple food choices that can meet the spectrum of nutritional needs. Dietitians must adapt approaches to medical nutrition therapy to best meet their patient's nutritional status needs.
CPE Level: 2
Learning Need Codes: 7060, 8040, 8090, 7190
Performance Indicators: 7.1.3, 7.2.1, 7.3.1
- Describes US Public Health Service Registered Dietitians' roles and responsibilities in response to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
- Explore ways to design food service operation with limited resources.
- Discuss the complexity of maintaining appropriate nutritional status for disaster evacuees.
- LT Tara Lemons, RD/LD, RN, MA, MSN - Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- LCDR Stephanie Magill, MS, RD - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- LT Brenda Riojas, RD, LD - Indian Health Service
- LCDR Faye Scott, RD, CDE - Indian Health Service