This product is free for PHCN members.
This webinar was presented live on December 20, 2018.
The Guide is a comprehensive curriculum for practitioners, program administrators, and educators to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills currently expected of nutrition professionals practicing in public health and community nutrition. This material was developed through the collaboration of the Public Health/Community Nutrition Practice Group, a Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists, and it has been approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
CPE Level: 1
Learning Need Codes: 1010, 6050, 6060
Performance Indicators: 3.1.1, 8.3.2, 8.3.4
- Describe the specific training needs of present and future RDNs/NDTRs, and understand the importance of enhancing skills in public health/community nutrition.
- Describe the development of the Guide for Developing and Enhancing Skills in Public Health and Community Nutrition (Guide), and identify how the can be used by practitioners, program administrators, and educators to enhance skills and ensure a competent workforce at the national and international levels.
- Apply the self-assessment tool to each of the three intended users of the Guide by assessing knowledge/proficiency in public health and community nutrition, and identifying priority focus areas and related resources for knowledge and skill development.
- Kathleen Cullinen, PhD, RDN, Public Health Program Evaluator, François-Xavier Bagnoud Center, Rutgers School of Nursing, and Associate Editor of the Guide
- Alison Conneally, MS, RDN, CDN, Nutrition Program Manager, New York State Department of Health, ASPHN Liaison and Project Co-chair of the Guide
- Kay Sisk, MS, RDN, LD, Public Health Nutrition Programming Consultant, PHCNPG Liaison and Project Co-chair of the Guide