This product is free for PNPG members.
This webinar was presented live on December 8, 2021.
In this presentation, we'll focus on working with families who are using or are considering using a European infant formula. We'll review not only the risks associated with using these formulas outside their intended market, but also how pediatric dietitians can collaborate with families who choose to use these formulas. Along the way, we'll debunk a few myths about European and American formulas and discuss the key features of some of the more popular European products. By the end of the presentation, you'll be better equipped to answer family questions and collaborate with families on their infant formula choice.
Content presentation will be no more than 50 minutes with opportunities in each section for participants to ask questions. Participant engagement strategies (e.g. polls and chats) will be used throughout.
- Introduction and review of webinar objectives
- What influences parent's infant formula choice?
- European Baby Formula vs. American Formula: Claims and Truths
- Collaborating With Families
- Final Questions and Discussion
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.2, 8.1, 11.2
- Appraise potential risks of using European formulas purchased through third-party vendors
- Examine marketing statements about European and American formulas and information that supports or refutes these claims
- Discuss with caregivers their infant feeding priorities and support them in decision-making.
Lisa has a diverse pediatrics background spanning twenty-five years working in clinical nutrition, public health, evaluation, and health professions education. She received her Master of Science in Nutrition with a Specialty in Maternal and Child Health from Case Western Reserve University. Currently, she splits her time between helping children grow and thrive as a clinical outpatient pediatric dietitian with the University of North Carolina Children's Specialty Clinics and growing her business Knowing Nutrition, LLC.