This product is free for SCAN members.
The articles "Oral Health Disparities in Athletes" and "Blueberries for Cardiovascular Health: An Update on Clinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms" are approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, an accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, for CPEU.
Each article has been approved for:
CPE Level: 1
"Oral Health Disparities in Athletes"
- Discuss the findings of current evidence regarding oral health behaviors among athletes, and identify areas for future research.
- Summarize the general oral health recommendations of the American Dental Association and their objectives.
- Explain ways in which sports dietitians can play a role in influencing the oral health of their clients.
"Blueberries for Cardiovascular Health: An Update on Clinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms"
- Summarize the research on the effects of blueberry consumption on blood pressure and vascular function.
- Describe the proposed mechanisms of action theorized to explain how blueberry consumption impacts cardiovascular health and function.
- Identify the nutrients in blueberries that may be responsible for exerting beneficial effects on cardiovascular health.
Please note: Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales of this product are final. Upon completion of your order, a link to access your purchase will be sent to the email address you have on file with the Academy. Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.