This product is free for WH members.
This webinar was presented live on April 13, 2018.
A webinar focused on discussing national breastfeeding goals and seminal guidance documents for clinical dietitians to understand how to utilize the IBCLC credential in current practice. With an explanation of the pathway options available to RDNs seeking to become board certified lactation consultants.
Learning Codes: 5390, 4140, 4120, 4180
- 1.2.3 Refers customer to the appropriate professional and/or service provider when needs are beyond personal or professional scope of practice.
- 4.2.3 Demonstrates insight into personal expertise and limitations.
- 5.4.2 Uses standardized terminology to describe nutrition assessment data, nutrition diagnoses, nutrition interventions, and nutrition monitoring and evaluation.
- Discuss national breastfeeding goals and seminal guidance documents
- Describe ways a clinical dietitian utilizes the IBCLC credential in current practice
- Discuss potential opportunities for the RDN to pursue incorporating expertise in clinical lactation management in a professional career
Speakers: Catherine Sullivan, MPH, RDN, IBCLC and Ginger Carney, MPH, RDN, IBCLC