The third edition provides the latest national standards describing evidence-based practices in nutrition and physical activity for early care and education programs. These updated standards are a part of the new comprehensive Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Performance Standards; Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs, 4th Ed.
New in the third edition are updated standards covering:
- Active Opportunities for Physical Activity
- Availability of Drinking Water
- Care for Children with Food Allergies
- Feeding Human Milk to Another Mother's Child
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Equipment Used for Bottle Feeding
- Written Nutrition Plan
- Feeding Plans and Dietary Modifications
- Preparing, Feeding, and Storing Human Milk and Infant Formula
- Feeding Age-Appropriate Solid Foods to Infants
Free sample pages include the table of contents, foreword and index.