Student Member Price: $10.00
Recently, there has been resistance against weight loss to help people foster a healthy relationship with food and their bodies. Eating mindfully and intuitively, which encourage listening to internal hunger cues while fostering body positivity, have grown in popularity. This session addresses, first and foremost, the importance of a patient-centered approach to nutrition and weight loss. It discusses healthy eating strategies incorporating portion control and awareness, integrating mindful and intuitive eating practices, plant-based meals, and other lifestyle changes. As the conversation around weight loss continues to evolve, this session will help define the importance of a registered dietitian nutritionist in helping patients meet their goals and show how mindful eating, body positivity, and healthy weight-loss strategies can coexist.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 9.2.4 Collaborates with learners and colleagues to formulate specific, measurable and attainable objectives and goals.
- 9.4.5 Implements individualized teaching plans in order to promote, maintain and enhance nutritional health and learning.
- 8.3.4 Assesses clients' emotions toward nutrition-related statements
or phenomenon, body image/preoccupation with food and
weight, and readiness to change nutrition-related behaviors.
- Explain why healthy weight loss can be important for preventing or managing various health conditions.
- Identify healthy weight loss strategies incorporating portion control, mindful eating, and eating intuitively.
- Describe the importance of a patient-centered approach in nutrition counseling to optimize health for overweight individuals.