The Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity benefit for Medicare Part B beneficiaries offers an exciting opportunity for the registered dietitian nutritionist to demonstrate value by becoming part of the primary care provider's team.
This toolkit provides the RDN with the information, examples and tools needed to successfully align with a PCP office and initiate the IBT for Obesity benefit. RDNs may also find this resource useful beyond the Medicare population, as more private payers are expanding obesity counseling benefits under provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
This updated toolkit now contains real-life examples of how early adopter RDNs implemented IBT at their sites, as well as a wealth of forms, spreadsheets, marketing pieces, reimbursement know-how and curricula used by these early adopter RDNs.
- Understanding the basics of the IBT benefit
- Case studies and advice from RDNs who are successfully providing IBT for obesity services
- Toolbox of resources to start IBT for obesity at your site
- Tips on aligning yourself with the PCP
- Business and contractual considerations when working with the PCP
- Measuring effectiveness with outcomes
- Additional resources
Please Note: Upon completion of your order, a link to access your purchase will be sent to the email address you have on file with the Academy. Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact email@example.com. Thank you.