Better position yourself or your organization to leverage payments from private payers in outpatient settings. This resource is filled with information and tools to help you get started, from the credentialing process, to submitting claims and addressing denied claims. Learn how to accurately use CPT® and ICD10-CM codes, verify benefits, and comply with legal requirements for billing.
Medical Practitioners, practice managers, billing personnel and practice plans could also benefit from the toolkit information which outlines the credentialing and billing processes for registered dietitian nutritionists and medical nutrition therapy.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Credentialing with insurance companies and CAQH
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes, HCPCS codes, and Diagnosis Codes (ICD10-CM)
- Verification of insurance benefits and coverage
- Instructions for completing a CMS 1500 claim form
- Tax identification numbers
- Legal issues related to billing patients/clients
- Use of modifiers
- List of helpful resources and websites
This resource does not address use of the UB-04 form used by many institutional providers to submit claims for RDN services.
Please note: Please confirm all purchases before you complete them as all sales of this product are final. Upon completion of your order, a link to access your purchase will be sent to the email address you have on file with the Academy. Please be sure your email address is accurate before submitting your order. If you have difficulty with your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.