Date: November 29
Time: noon - 1 p.m. (Central)
The presentation will focus on recognizing the importance of the Global Malnutrition Composite Score (GMCS) measure inclusion in the CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) program, and the ability for hospitals to self-select. Information about how to engage administrators and stakeholders and elements of the measure hospitals will need to report on will be discussed. Speakers will outline what the score means, and how to begin malnutrition quality improvement. Attendees will also learn about next steps to stay informed and be engaged with the GMCS.
CPE Level: 2
- 7.4.1 Utilizes valid quality management tools to track and analyze data and to inform decisions.
- 10.1.1 Leads intra- and interprofessional teams to identify, develop, implement and evaluate valid and reliable nutrition screening tools and procedures.
- 3.1.3 Takes initiative to facilitate change.
- Recognize the importance of self-selecting the GMCS measure
- Engage administrators and stakeholders to uptake the GMCS measure
- Discuss the components of the GMCS measure and the elements hospitals will need to report
Christina Badaracco, MPH, RD, LDN
Avalere Health (Measure Developer) Staff
Sharon Hibay, DNP, BS, RN
Digital Measure Programmer