A growth mindset – a theory centered around the belief that intelligence and learning can be developed and improved– is an important skill for nutrition professionals to cultivate and apply to their professional and personal lives. This session will describe the current research on the growth mindset perspective, outline the skills to develop a growth mindset and empower participants to move into the growth zone. This session will also include a case study to highlight the power of continuous improvement.
Planned with the Cultures of Gender and Age Member Interest Group
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 3.1.1 Identifies strengths and opportunities for improvement in self and in others.
- 4.2.7 Identifies and implements a plan to address opportunities and challenges.
- 4.2.8 Evaluates the effectiveness of plans and decisions and make adjustments when needed.
- Define a growth mindset and describe the research behind the theory
- Identify five skills required to cultivate a growth mindset
- Demonstrate three growth mindset skills within the context of the nutrition and dietetics profession
- Brandon Lee, MS, RD, CCRP, ACSM-CPT
- Amanda Rohan, PhD