The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics continues to focus on inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) in order to build up the next generation of nutrition and dietetics professionals. Join an expert panel of IDEA champions representing the joint Member Interest Groups (MIGs) of the Academy for a fireside chat, where attendees will have an opportunity to directly engage with IDEA stakeholders for an interactive, unfiltered discussion. Attendees will have unparalleled access to contribute to solutions-based group thinking to help create actionable solutions for the future within their communities and within the Academy at large.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 3.1.2 Fosters a culture in which diversity and cross-team collaboration is valued.
- 3.2.8 Challenges, encourages and supports others to take action to advance the profession
- 4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgment to address needs.
- Discuss two ways in which IDEA pathways developed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics have changed the landscape of the dietetics profession
- Examine three barriers to implementing IDEA pathways at local, state and national levels in the dietetics profession
- Initiate organizational and professional strategies towards an environment of equity, respect, civility and anti-discrimination
- Linda Farr, RDN, CSOWM, LD, FAND
- Zachari Breeding, MS, RDN, CSO, LDN, FAND
- Mary Lee Chin, MS, RDN
- Rachel D. Villarreal, MS, RDN, LD, CDCES