In the wake of a primary care shortage and movement toward value-based payment, healthcare organizations, hungry for cost-effective solutions, are seeking innovative strategies to improve population health while minimizing provider burnout. Staying competitive may require changing the way you think and do business. How can elevating your scope help you gain a competitive edge and create opportunities in a value-based environment? Learn how to identify the missing ingredients and create the secret sauce that positions RDNs as essential. Hear the messaging that resonates with physicians and other stakeholders that supports inclusion and payment for RDN-provided services. Find out how RDNs were able to leverage their situations and develop new and innovative strategies that enhanced internal collaboration, reserved physician time for high-level functions and created demand for services provided by RDNs.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 1.1.2 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
- 3.3.1 Educates clients and other stakeholders on the need for and availability of food and nutritional services.
- 2.1.5 Evaluates the effectiveness of communication methods used to ensure understanding of presented information.
- Communicate how elevating the RDN scope can help gain a competitive edge and create opportunities in a value-based environment
- Create a meaningful value proposition to physicians and other stakeholders that supports inclusion and payment for RDN-provided services
- Develop strategies to improve patient access to nutrition services
- Karen G. Smith, MS, MBA, RD, LD, FADA, FAND
- Wendy Phillips, MS, RD, CLE, NWCC, FAND
- Tom Rifai, MD, FACP