Technology is everywhere today! Attend this session to broaden your knowledge and confidence in understanding technical jargon as it relates to electronic medical records and integration with downstream systems. Learn how to assess your existing setup to best ensure patient safety. This panel discussion brings together subject matter experts from multiple areas to highlight ways to make the most out of the information received over the interface and translate that into successful integration and opportunities for improving operational processes, data and outcomes.
Planned with the Management in Food and Nutrition Systems Dietetic Practice Group
CPE Level:Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 5.1.9 Proficiently utilizes electronic health records to support continuity of care.
- 5.2.5 Instructs or advises others on the use of clinical information systems, nutrition informatics tools and other technology topics.
- 11.1.3 Develops and implements evaluation tools and methodologies to test products and services.
- Examine Health Level 7 (HL7) terminology, format, and electronic medical record (EMR) workflows as keys to fostering successful new technical integrations.
- Analyze allergen management processes (strategies for mapping EMR allergens, coding menu items in menu management software) to have the best opportunity for protecting patients
- Evaluate downstream systems for characteristics necessary to glean useful and usable data in order to support performance and quality improvement projects related to food service operations
- Christy Clarkson
- Carolyn Silzle
- Randi McMillan