Ahh…the age-old question: is dairy the queen supreme when it comes to health? Or do plant-based alternatives have their rightful place on the throne?
In this session, we hear from the experts about the science behind dairy and plant-based milk alternatives and the impact both of these categories have on health, both human and planetary. We dive into the consumer perspective as well and ultimately try to answer, is one more superior? Attendees will leave with updated evidence-based perspectives on both dairy and plant-based alternatives to be able to advise patients and clients in the best way possible.
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 4.1.2. Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision-making.
- 8.1.2. Integrates knowledge of biological, physical, and social sciences with knowledge of food and nutrition to make decisions related to nutrition care.
- 8.5.4. Takes into consideration client/patient choices, beliefs, food sensitivities, allergies, and accessibility and affordability of food.
- Describe how the nutritional similarities and differences between dairy milk and dairy alternatives impact decision-making about which type of product to choose.
- Explain the various environmental impacts of dairy milk and dairy alternatives using science-based evidence.
- Integrate knowledge of nutrition, environmental impact, and consumer acceptance when helping patients and clients make decisions regarding dairy and plant-based alternatives.
- Connie Weaver
- B. Pam Ismail