The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Center for Lifelong Learning developed this course in partnership with the National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP), an initiative of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health. Thank you to the module developers Theresa A. Kuracina, MS, RD, CDE, LN and Andrew S. Narva, MD, FACP.
Student Price: $60.00
The Chronic Kidney Disease Nutrition Management Certificate of Training Program provides a foundation of chronic kidney disease (CKD) etiology, progression and care. This program's five unique modules will explain the role of hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disease in CKD progression; analyze potential complications; provide recommendations for individualized diet; and much more! This course can aid students, interns, and early-career registered dietitian nutritionists in solidifying their understanding of CKD and their role in working with patients who have CKD. It may also serve as a refresher for mid-career RDNs or those looking to adopt a new specialty.
CPE Level: 2
- 2.3 Collaborates with inter- and intra-professional team members to achieve common goals and to optimize delivery of services.
- 8.2 Applies current knowledge and skill in the management of a variety of diseases and clinical conditions.
- 10.2 Conducts a nutrition assessment to establish nutrition diagnoses, prescriptions, and care plans.
- Explain the basics of CKD, including the use of estimated glomerular filtration rate and urine albumin-to-creatinine ration in assessing and counseling individual patients.
- Determine appropriate diets for patients with CKD, including those with co-morbidities and those with different treatments.
- Use and interpret laboratory data to assess patients with CKD and potential complications.
- Describe treatment options for kidney failure.
Modules and titles are listed below.
- Module 1: Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 2: Slow Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 3: Complications of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 4: The Diet for Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 5: The Transition from Chronic Kidney Disease to Kidney Failure
This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.
Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightCPE.org dashboard.