This product is free for CV-Well DPG members.
CV Well's Fall 2023 Newsletter has two articles for CPE credit, each worth .5 CPE for a total of 1.0 credit.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.5, 8.2.3
The Dietary Inflammatory Index and Cardiometabolic Health
This research article summarizes the evidence base regarding inflammation, diet and cardiometabolic health.
- Describe the connection between diet and inflammation and how this contributes to cardiometabolic health
- Explain how the Dietary Inflammatory Index assesses the inflammatory potential of the diet
- Discuss the current literature assessing Dietary Inflammatory Index scores against cardiometabolic disease risk
Food and Mood: The Relationship Between Nutrition and Mental Health
This research article summarizes the evidence regarding the role of nutrition and mental health.
- Describe the relationship between dietary intake and mental health
- Discuss the possible mechanisms underlying the relationship between dietary intake and mental health
- Discuss potential foods and nutrients that can improve mood and protect against mental illnesses