This product is free for DDPG members.
This publication is dedicated to looking at medication approaches beyond glucose lowering, starting with a guideline update overview that focuses on medications which do more than just lower glucose. The following topics will be discussed:
- Real-world influences on diabetes self-management including medication adherence, perception of illness, cultural beliefs, religious and/or spiritual beliefs, knowledge of their condition, and social determinants of health.
- An update on new indications and expansions of current therapies, as well as new medications expected to be approved in the near future.
- The background, interchangeability, and use of biosimilar insulins.
- Strategies for dosing insulin with regard to food and weight loss therapies that double-dip as glucose lowering agents.
- Common over-the-counter (OTC) products and their use for people with diabetes.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 10.4.2, 10.4.6, 9.4.3
- Describe new therapeutic options and treatment guidelines for those living with diabetes
- Discuss considerations for individualization of drug therapy regimens
- Identify resources and drug therapy options that address barriers and improve medication adherence