This product is free for DDPG members.
This webinar was presented live on July 12, 2022.
Clinicians are most effective when they take a personalized approach to creating dietary treatment plans. This webinar will provide a guide to navigating different treatment approaches and selecting the best method for a variety of digestive issues – particularly those related to diabetes. This one-hour session will explore the latest science, research, and lifestyle behaviors that every dietitian should know to advise their clients appropriately. It will also show how artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning tools can help connect the dots for patients when putting RDN recommendations into action.
What will you learn?
- What is gut health and why are consumers so obsessed with it?
- Scientifically supported ways to improve gut health and manage chronic disease & inflammation, and how this impacts diabetes.
- Mechanisms where GI diets help improve symptoms and how a "gut-friendly" diet can help support diabetes management and reduce inflammation.
- How to use a therapeutic diet decision flow chart for navigating the best approach for personalized patient success.
- How AI & machine learning digital tools can help increase dietary compliance for patients with multiple disease risk factors. (Demonstrated through a case study)
Sponsored by: Sifter
CPE Level: 2
- State the specific role that gut health can play in the maintenance and treatment of diabetes.
- Apply the therapeutic concepts discussed into diabetes counseling and practice.
- Utilize AI & machine learning digital tools to help assist in finding products that fit clients' dietary needs.
Amy Campbell, MS, RDN, LDN, CDCES
Amy Campbell is an experienced health, nutrition and diabetes educator. She currently supports adult patients with type 2 diabetes, and oversees a team of coaches and diabetes educators as a Clinical Diabetes Program Manager through Good Measures LLC. Amy writes weekly pieces and product reviews for DiabetesSelfManagement.com, and in 2000, she was the recipient of the National Health Information Award for 16 Myths of a Diabetic Diet, a book she co-authored.
Christianna Moran, MS, RD, LDN
Christianna is an accomplished Registered Dietitian/ Nutritionist who is the founder of Cultivate Nutrition Consulting. She specializes in gastrointestinal disorders and childhood nutrition. As someone who was diagnosed with celiac disease at age 3 and later on ulcerative colitis, Christianna helps clients develop a healthy relationship with food by combining her expertise and personal experiences. She also leads educational workshops for groups looking to expand their knowledge on GI health. Some of her workshops are called, Ditch the Diet; Making Peace with Food; and Gluten Free on a Budget.