The video and study guide are to assist RDNs in becoming competent and confident in performing nutrition-focused physical exam (NFPE) during the nutrition assessment. The video uses hospitalized patients to present a real-life presentation of performing the NFPE. The study guide provides complimentary information for the RDN to use when interpreting findings of the comprehensive nutrition assessment.
Topics included in this video:
- Examination Tools and Techniques
- Nutrition Physical Examination – A Systems Approach
- Cardiopulmonary Assessment
- Abdominal Assessment
- Neuromuscular Assessment
- Oral Assessment
- Skin Assessment
- Examination of Muscle and Fat Loss
- State the purpose of performing a nutrition focused physical examination
- List and understand how to perform the basic techniques in an NFPE.
- Identify physical signs and symptoms associated with interpreting current nutritional status, including diagnosis of malnutrition, and determining when further nutrition intervention is warranted.