This product is free for SHPN members.
The Spring 2023 issue includes:
- CPE Feature Article "Iron Dysregulation - A Different Perspective Utilizing Root Cause Protocol" by Jackie Dikos, RD, CSSD, CLT
- CPE Practice Article "Nutrition Assessment And Management of Athletes With Eating Disorders" by Adee Levinstein, MS, RD, CEDS-S
- Practice Article "Emerging Career Opportunity: Report on Novel Performance and Sport Scientist Certification" by Brandon L. Lee, MS, RD, CCRP
- Member Spotlights
- What's Hot
- Research Brief
- Research Snippets
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.2.4, 8.1.1, 8.1.4, 8.3.8, 8.1.1, 8.3.8, 9.4.1
- Identify various factors affecting athletes with physical disabilities tangentially with nutrition considerations.
- Recognize the energy demands of paralympic athletes that are different from athletes without physical disabilities.
- Apply appropriate nutrition strategies to fuel and hydrate the paralympic athlete, considering all potential barriers.