The third edition of the Clinical Guide to Nutrition Care in Kidney Disease continues to present practical guidance for nutrition practitioners providing both preventative and therapeutic nutrition care for individuals of all ages with a variety of kidney disorders. Updated with the latest clinical practice guidelines for nutrition in chronic kidney disease, this edition addresses topics expanded to reflect the broadening scope of practice in caring for patients with kidney disease in outpatient clinics, transplant centers, dialysis facilities, long term care facilities and hospitals. Highlights of this edition include:
- A comprehensive look at nutrition assessment and updated nutrition recommendations for each stage of chronic kidney disease
- Guidelines for diagnosing malnutrition and how this might impact the patient with chronic kidney disease at any stage
- Updated content on caring for various patient populations with kidney disease or with concurrent conditions, including pediatrics, pregnancy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, transplant, mineral and bone disorders, and nutrition support.
- New chapters address nutrition management of kidney stones, oral nutrition supplements in kidney disease, guidelines for patients following vegetarian, vegan or plant-based diets, and the connection between kidney disease and the gut.
- Expanded information on implications and interactions associated with dietary supplement use in patients with kidney disease.
- Professional and patient resources for kidney disease.
This professional reference is written and reviewed by renal nutrition experts from the Renal Practice Group and the Council on Renal Nutrition of the National Kidney Foundation. It aligns with the National Kidney Diet patient education materials and serves as an exam study resource for the Board Certification as a Specialist in Renal Nutrition exam.
Free sample pages include the Table of Contents, Preface, sample sections, and more.
Notes and Errata
A list of corrections, clarifications, or minor additions to the print edition of Clinical Guide to Nutrition Care in Kidney Disease, 3rd Ed., is available. The eBook edition is updated immediately whenever any changes need to be made.
Licensing and Permissions