A 2022 Doody's Core Titles® selection!
Using the most current evidence-based guidelines from the American Thyroid Association, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and available research, this guide addresses:
- Thyroid function, weight regulation, and the role of iodine
- Energy and nutrient requirements in thyroid disease
- Diagnosis, medical management, and applying the Nutrition Care Process to provide patient-centered nutrition care of hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroid cancer
- Awareness of additional interventions, including alternative treatments
- Working with special populations, related conditions and issues, and prevention strategies
Useful appendix materials include sample food plans, low iodine diet guidelines, list of goitrogens, monitoring recommendations, suggested resources, and more.
Free sample pages include the table of contents, introduction, sample chapter and more. Please note: Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is not available.
This is the first comprehensive book relating overall metabolic health and thyroid function. It elucidates connections between thyroid health, nutrition, and exercise; addresses thyroid and hormonal adaptions over time; and supports the healthcare provider in understanding the integrated nature of full body wellness, nutrition, and thyroid function. — Rekha B. Kumar, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Weill Cornell Medical College; Medical Director, American Board of Obesity Medicine
This excellent resource is for practitioners looking to further their knowledge on thyroid health and the complexities of addressing thyroid disease. It opens the door to understanding and managing thyroid disease through nutrition. I highly recommend this for the library of every dietitian or practitioner dealing with thyroid cases. — Jaime Schehr, ND, RD, CDN, Schehr Nutrition, The Institute for Family Health
Licensing and Permissions
- Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.
Notes and Errata
A list of any corrections, clarifications, or minor additions to the print edition of Health Professional's Guide to Nutrition Management of Thyroid Disease is available. The eBook edition is updated immediately whenever any changes need to be made.