2016 Hermes Creative Award Platinum Winner for outstanding work in the concept, writing, and design of traditional and emerging media.
To read this eBook, please download the free eatright eReader app.
This new toolkit provides contextual information and counseling tips to RDNs working with Hispanic clients. The online toolkit:
- Offers information to help RDNs gain a better understanding of Hispanic families and foods to be able to connect with and treat patients more effectively.
- Outlines potential cultural differences and suggests methods on how to communicate effectively with Hispanic patients.
- Includes a comprehensive guide to Hispanic foods, featuring Hispanic "Hero" Foods — nutritious foods that are well liked and familiar to Hispanic consumers.
- Provides references illustrating English and Spanish names for foods and a guide to Hispanic produce — including photos as well as shopping and preparation tips.
- Suggests strategies for changing habits in the kitchen and at the table; including recommendations for healthy alternatives to common cooking techniques or dining habits of Hispanics.
- Includes downloadable client education handouts in English and Spanish to print and distribute.
- Offers two hours of Continuing Professional Education credit.
Please note: Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is notavailable.