To read this eBook, you must first download the eatright eReader app.
This title is also available in print.
For over 25 years, this highly respected resource has presented the evolving collective knowledge of the foremost research experts in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
From formulating hypotheses, research questions, and study design to ethical research conduct, writing proposals, and securing funding, this reference builds a strong research foundation, making research accessible for all readers.
Sections devoted to the key types of research and assessment methods used in the study of nutrition and dietetics offer in-depth coverage of new and different tools and methodologies, including:
- When and how to use qualitative research
- Observational and experimental research, including analytic nutrition epidemiology and guidelines for conducting clinical nutrition studies
- Integrative and translational research, including the value of systematic reviews and interdisciplinary research
- Evaluation and assessment methods, including survey research, dietary assessment methods, food composition analysis, appetite assessment and more
- Research in expanding areas of practice—nutrigenomics, behavioral health, dietary supplements, foodservice management, community settings, integrative nutrition and dietetics education
Evaluation and application of research findings are also addressed in chapters on statistical analysis, presentation of research data, and bridging research results into practice. Other new features of this edition include a full color interior, learning objectives for each chapter, and free companion ancillary materials for instructors.
Free sample pages include the table of contents, preface, sample chapter, index and more.
Are you an educator? Click here to request a complimentary review copy or the free Instructor Resource Kit for this publication.