This eBook edition of Sports Nutrition offers timely research and evidence-based advice for health professionals working with athletes at all levels. Written and reviewed by esteemed sports registered dietitian nutritionists and other exercise experts, this edition incorporates theoretical and practical information and key takeaways designed for easy implementation in daily practice. Highlights include:
- A brand new chapter discussing emerging opportunities in sports nutrition
- Completely revised overview of exercise physiology, including a description of training principles
- Strategies for a sports nutrition assessment with application of macro- and micronutrient recommendations
- Updated population- and sports-specific recommendations, including new and in-depth discussion of considerations for various endurance events
- Important focus on the scope of practice for sports RDNs
- And much more!
CPEU: 4.0 (valid until 7/2/2023)
Sample pages include the Table of Contents, Foreword, sample chapter, Index and more.
"This is the text I choose for all my courses in Sports Nutrition because it is authoritative, readable, and practical. I recommend this book be part of the professional library for all who work in sports nutrition and fitness."
Edward F. Coyle, PhD, FACSM, Professor, The University of Texas at Austin; Director, Human Performance Laboratory
Please note: Academy eBooks require downloading the eatright eReader app. Access to the eBooks is for single-use only. Multiple-user access is not available.
Are you an educator? Request a complimentary review copy or the free Instructor Resource Kit for this publication.
Licensing and Permissions
Would you like permission to reprint a portion of this copyrighted publication for a book, presentation or course? Complete and return this form for permissions, licensing and commercial rights.