Brought to you by the Center for Lifelong Learning department in collaboration with the Weight Management DPG, with a special thank you to project manager Hollie Raynor.
Are you looking to master the best practices in weight management and the diagnosis and treatment of obesity? Look no further than this interactive and evidence-based online course, presented by experts from across the healthcare spectrum and aligned with the Interdisciplinary Specialist Certification in Obesity and Weight Management exam. This comprehensive course contains 11 modules covering a wide range of healthcare disciplines, including nutrition, bariatrics, medical assessment, physical activity, psychology, pregnancy, pediatrics, public health, intervention, monitoring, and interprofessional healthcare. With specialized presentations, comprehensive resource lists, case studies, and review questions, you can hone your skills at your own pace and take your knowledge to the next level.
Each module also contains a practice exam immediately following the presentation recording, which can be taken as many times as needed without a specific passing grade. Once all 11 practice exams have been completed, users will automatically receive the CPE certificate within their LMS dashboard. Don't miss out on this opportunity to enhance your expertise in obesity and weight management!
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 3030, 4040, 5370, 6010
- 8.3.1 Discusses with clients the Physical Activity (PA) Guidelines for Americans and the relationships between exercise, health, and disease prevention.
- 10.2.6 Collects and analyzes anthropometric and body composition data to contribute to nutrition diagnoses.
- 8.1.2 Integrates knowledge of biological, physical, and social sciences with knowledge of food and nutrition to make decisions related to nutrition care.
- Explain the relationship between obesity and other health conditions based upon related discipline areas
- Identify the needs of and treatment options for patients with obesity using skills from various disciplines
- Implement effective weight management techniques to patients via a multidisciplinary perspective
- The CPE associated with this course expires on 5/31/2024. All modules must be completed by this date in order to claim the 8.0 continuing education credits associated with this activity.
- Immediately following your purchase, the course modules will be available for access via the Academy's learning management system under "My Courses."
- This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.