Student Member Price: $10.00
Experience 'hands-on' learning about mobile apps for diet assessment in the pediatric research space. Presenters are dietitians working with engineers to create systems that use image analysis and visualization on mobile phones to enhance dietary assessment, with the aim of reducing the burden on researchers and pediatric study participants and their parents. Learn the new vocabulary and the types of image review processes. Learn about infrastructure needs, tools, modes of administration, and disciplines to partner with. The presenters will share key learnings and experiences in the implementation of mobile methods in studies of infants and children. Everyone will have the opportunity to view a live demonstration to see how the app works to assess diet and explore future ideas for their research. Although the session is designed for research dietitians, RDNs from all practice areas are encouraged to attend and translate the information to their practice.
CPE Level: Level 3 (advanced knowledge/expertise)
- 5.2.2 Leads or participates on teams to design electronic programs, applications or systems to support nutrition and dietetic deliverables.
- 6.2.2 Selects and uses appropriate tools and skills to collect and interpret research data.
- 6.3.2 Utilizes innovative ways to disseminate research findings considering the target audiences.
- Evaluate new mobile methods of assessing diet in infants and children.
- Identify sources of error with both traditional methods and new mobile methods of assessing diet in infants and children.
- Translate new methods and technologies to future applications for their dietary assessment research work.
- Marie Revilla
- Tanisha Aflague
- Fengqing Zhu