This Certificate of Training is brought to you by the Center for Lifelong Learning in collaboration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. Support for this project was funded by a grant from Walmart. The funder was not involved in any content creation, nor did it serve in an advisory capacity for this course. A special thank you to Bridget Wojciak, RDN, LD, developer of this module.
Whether you are looking to expand your health and well-being program, communicate the value of RDNs to executive leadership, or pursue a position with a food retailer, developing a health and well-being strategy that aligns with the company's goals and strategic priorities is essential. This module is designed to help you craft a strategy that effectively communicates how to best utilize the talents and capabilities of RDNs and describes the full impact of RDN-led health and well-being programs to the business.
- 2.2.3 Delivers accurate and credible messaging.
- 4.1.5 Demonstrates effective, appropriate and timely consultation with experts and others.
- 14.3.3 Communicates purpose and desired outcomes to stakeholders in order to achieve project objectives and goals.
- Develop key messages and selling points to communicate to food retail leadership the value registered dietitians bring to their business.
- Identify essential connections within the retail food industry and with key leaders to advocate for health and well-being growth opportunities.
- Build a health and well-being strategy that aligns with corporate retail priorities, goals and initiatives.
- Practice successful negotiation skills to establish strong internal and external partnerships for food retail health and well-being programming and strategic execution.
The Academy's Certificate of Training courses provide in-depth instruction on areas of practice within nutrition and dietetics, with the goal of expanding knowledge, skills and competencies. Each Certificate of Training program consists of individual modules that thoroughly cover specific aspects of a topic area; taken collectively, they provide a comprehensive overview of the topic. Learners must complete all modules to receive the final certificate.
This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.
Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightCPE.org dashboard.
Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightCPE dashboard.