Brought to you by the Center for Lifelong Learning with a special thank you to the content writers and presenters, Karen Ehrens, RD, LRD and Laura Perdue, MPH, RDN.
In order to effectively advocate for nutrition policy, understanding the legislative process as well as proven advocacy strategies is imperative. This program will review how policy is impacted by legislation, regulations and other mechanisms. The role of individuals and the collective voice of organizations and groups will be explored.
CPE Level: 2
- 3.1.5 Seeks opportunities for, and actively engages in, mentoring and mentorship.
- 3.2.1 Advocates for, and participates in, activities that support advancement of the profession.
- 8.3.4 Enhances knowledge to foster career advancement.
- Describe the foundation of the legislative process.
- Identify the best-practice methods to effectively advocate on nutrition issues.
- Implement various strategies to inform and influence food policy.
This e-learning self-study includes web links and resources for additional Online Learning opportunities.
The Academy's Certificate of Training program provides in-depth instruction on broad areas of interest in the realm of nutrition and dietetics, with the goal of expanding knowledge, skills and/or competencies. Each Certificate of Training program consists of individual modules that are deep dives on specific aspects of a topic area; taken collectively, they provide the most comprehensive overview of the topic. Learners must complete all modules to receive the final Certificate.
This product is approved for individual use only. Only the registered participant is eligible for continuing professional education units.
Immediately following the purchase, you will have access to this product in your personal eatrightcpe.org dashboard.