Student Member Price: $10.00
The newly revised Sports and Human Performance Nutrition Standards of Practice/Standards of Professional Performance (SOP/SOPP) document provides a highly detailed blueprint for professional practice in the Sports and Human Performance (SHP) practice areas. Indicators identify measures needed for high quality nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention and monitoring of athletes and performance professionals. An innovative tool has been designed to translate Indicators into a list of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs), which are further categorized into Levels and jobs/positions. Utilizing this tool, a SHP dietitian can assess their accrued KSAs and identify the KSAs which need practice/mastery to achieve the level of expertise necessary to pursue advanced jobs/positions. Panelists in three areas of SHP practice (Collegiate, Military/Tactical, and Professional Sports) will further illustrate how to utilize the tool to prepare a pathway for successful career development. Discover how you can elevate your professional development and evolve your career in the SHP practice area!
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 1.2.1 Identifies and takes the appropriate steps to maintain and enhance competence.
- 2.2.4 Collaborates with others when the required skill is beyond his/her competence.
- 3.2.2 Participates in professional and personal development activities for career growth and skill enhancement.
- Describe the KSA concept (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) as it relates to the revised Sports and Human Performance SOP/SOPP document.
- Identify an innovative tool to utilize in the assessment of the accrued KSAs in their own practice, and further translate to a professional development plan to acquire additional KSAs necessary to qualify for an advanced/goal SHP position.
- Define specific KSA areas of SHP as they relate to Collegiate, Military/Tactical, and Professional Sport hiring opportunities through descriptive scenarios from a panel of experienced SHP hiring authorities and experts.
- Roberta Anding
- Lindzi Torres
- Caroline Mandel
- Linda Boyer-Samuels