Student Member Price: $10.00
Reducing chronic diseases and health disparities in disadvantaged communities through innovative culturally focused nutrition programming that emphasizes authentic nutrition education and advocacy by practitioners and experts.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 12.3.3 Takes into consideration any population and environmental disparities (health, availability, finances, access) when developing programs.
- 9.3.4 Takes into consideration the cultural needs of audiences and makes appropriate modifications to education materials.
- 1.7.6 Applies knowledge of health determinants when planning, developing and implementing services, programs, interventions,
meal plans and menus.
- Identify practical ways to provide effective, culturally sensitive nutrition education to disadvantaged and minority communities.
- Explain strategic methods to collaborate or partner with programs such as, wellness industries, schools, government, and Medicaid Programs.
- Describe effective advocacy strategies for influencing community nutrition policies to further reduce racial inequities and health disparities in minority and disadvantaged communities.
- Charmaine Jones
- Sapna Batheja
- Charanya Sundar