Student Member Price: $10.00
Immune health and the role nutrition plays is a hot topic and getting hotter. What is the evidence at the intersection of nutrition, immune function and immune impacting factors? This session will examine the evidence on the relationship between diet and nutrients on immune health and applications to dietary guidance for clients/patients. Factors such as aging and frailty, overweight and obesity, and additional co-morbid conditions that impact the body's immune response will be highlighted.
Planned by the Committee for Lifelong Learning
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/expertise)
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision-making.
- 8.2.3 Analyzes new information and how it impacts medical nutrition
- 6.2.3 Analyzes and interprets data to form valid conclusions and to make recommendations.
- Explain the mechanisms and benefits of a well-functioning immune system
- Summarize the evidence of the role of nutrition on immune function and inflammatory responses and predisposition to at-risk groups.
- Apply critical thinking to the evidence to evaluate label claims concerning nutrition and immune health.
- Philip Calder
- Carol J. Haggans
- Simin Meydani