Student Member Price: $10.00
Technology advances and telehealth coverage and payment changes can increase care access and diversify revenue for a more resilient ambulatory nutrition practice. Implementing and enhancing telehealth and other remote services now can ensure RDNs are on the leading edge of payment strategies later. This session will highlight drivers of telehealth expansion, identify new permanent regulatory changes to Medicare telehealth delivery and payment, and review ways to determine telehealth coverage and payment for private payers and Medicaid. Results of the Academy's COVID-19 surveys will be revealed, noting changes in RDN telehealth practice. Lessons learned from the shift in practice and payment will be highlighted, including ways RDNs overcame obstacles for delivery and payment. RDNs billing telehealth services in a thriving business and systems with accelerated adoption of telehealth in hospital outpatient and private practice settings will be featured.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 14.2.6 Applies knowledge of payment and reimbursement models.
- 3.3.1 Educates clients and other stakeholders on the need for and availability of food and nutritional services
- 5.1.10 Uses health informatic tools to support client access to nutrition and dietetics services and education.
- Describe the drivers of telehealth expansion and cite three benefits of telehealth and digital health service utilization for revenue enhancement.
- Identify new permanent changes to Medicare Part B regulations for delivery and payment for telehealth and other remote services.
- Explain how RDNs can determine telehealth coverage for private payers and Medicaid beyond the public health emergency.
- Andrew Wade
- Carol Yarbrough