ACEND is releasing new Accreditation Standards for Advanced Practice Doctoral Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. This session shares the environmental scan and data collected with relevant groups to identify the needs in the marketplace and form the rationale for these standards. Competency development and validation using a multi-round Delphi approach will be discussed followed by a discussion of the competencies and expectations for this advanced practice doctorate level professional.
CPE Level: Level 2 (intermediate knowledge/experience)
- 6.8.3 Contributes to student learning by creating and implementing activities and environments that encourage active learning and joint
- 6.7.3 Applies competency-based education principles in the design of course learning activities and assessments.
- 1.1.3 Keeps abreast of changes in practice and in the practice environment that affect individual competence and legislative scope of practice.
- List two current market needs that impact dietetics education accreditation standards
- Identify parties of interest involvement in the development of accreditation standards
- Describe the competence of a newly graduated professional doctorate prepared RDN
- Cheryl Bacon
- Leanne Worsfold
- Jody Vogelzang