This product is free for CV-Well DPG members.
The two articles focus on dietary saturated fat and chronic disease, specifically scientific evidence regarding the effect of saturated fat on chronic health outcomes and the gaps and controversies in the evidence.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.1, 8.2.3
- Summarize the evidence supporting current dietary recommendations regarding intake of saturated fatty acids (SFAs).
- Discuss the debate surrounding the intake of SFA and impact on cardiovascular health.
- Identify areas in need of additional research on dietary SFAs and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
- Explain the concept of the food matrix and discuss its relevance when making dietary recommendations.
- Describe several key messages for educating clients on following a fat-flexible approach.