This product is free for CV-Well DPG members.
CV Well's Spring 2023 Newsletter has two articles for CPE credit, each worth .5 CPE for a total of 1.0 credit.
CPE Level: 2
Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.1, 6.2.5, 8.1.2, 8.2.3
Translating Cardiovascular Risk Indices into Practice: Considerations for Nutrition and Dietetics Professionals
This research article reviews tools that can be used to assess cardiovascular disease and/or metabolic syndrome.
- Identify key features of common scoring tools used to estimate risk of cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome
- Describe emerging indices of central and total adiposity
- Select and utilize the most appropriate tool to assess a patient’s cardiovascular risk
Anna E. Bragg, MS
Christine C. Ferguson, PhD, RD
Sustainable Diets in the Promotion of Cardiovascular Health
This practice article summarizes how RDNs can help educate their clients on various ways to achieve sustainability in their dietary patterns and support a healthier planet and life.
- Explain how agricultural food production impacts planetary health
- Identify the relationship between plant-based diets and cardiovascular risk
Tiffany Ma, RDN